Monday 10 February 2014

Counterfeit Kit Club - February Kit 2014

Wow!  I am running so behind on my challenges, but thought that I would still join in this month with a counterfeit kit challenge - better late than never?  I really love this kit, the colours and the patterns really appeal to me!  This is the kit that we are counterfeiting for the month.  It is by:

Kits de Somni

I started off with some cardstock as that is what I use for my base sheet when I craft, and these are the colours I pulled out of my stash:

I didn't have many papers in the correct colours or patterns, but that's ok, I have a huge stamp collection and ink collection for this reason!
From top to bottom they are:

Counterfeited:  White Cardstock stamped with a variety of hearts using:  Momento Rose Pink, Angel Pink, Sky Blue and Versacolour Sand Beige
Counterfeited:  White Cardstock with punched hearts glued and then stitched
Counterfeited:  White Cardstock stamped with arrows (Same colours as above with Momento Grey Flannel as well)
Bo Bunny white with black polka dot
Sugar and Spice "Hollywood" chevron

For my embellishments, I Counterfeited:
Black Chalboard peices using black cardstock, white embossing powder and Versamagic White cloud ink and a white souffle pen for definition.  I then die cut shapes to suit each picture
Die cut hearts in a selection of sizes and colours
Pink, silver and red sequin scatters (no holes in them)
White and pink heart pins
Jar stamped and coloured and hearts stuck on and bakers twine around the neck of the jar
Polaroid frame in pink with a white banner stamped with love you and a punched mini heart
Vellum stamped in red brilliance hearts
and a scrap of paper with a jar (Dear Lizzy pad originally)

and the rest of the embellishments:


Counterfeited Chevron bag
Black Pearls
"Fly Away" paper scrap
Black and white spots and stripes scraps
White doily

This is how I keep the embellishments while I am working with them (along with a couple of ribbons, washi tapes and punches):
This time, I also thought I would chuck in a couple of extra Kaisercraft stamp sets:
I hope that you have enjoyed looking at my kit - I had heaps of fun counterfeiting this month!

4 comments:

  1. You've done lots of great counterfeiting here. Kudos on making the most of what you have. I look forward to seeing some completed projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **clapping my hands**
    Really wonderful counterfeits! I loved seeing your creative takes on the kit elements - so original & right on from the inspirations! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mum is so brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete