Saturday 7 September 2013

CSI - 86 - Surfers Paradise

Last week, I started doing the CSI (Colour, Stories, Inspiration) weekly challenge.  I just love the way they give you lists of what to use and a deadline of when to get the page done by.  So, my first layout was based on Case File 86:

 
I wasn't too sure about the Orange, but I loved the pastel shades.  I am still using my "scrap my stash" attitude to use up what I have, so I made the base sheet by cutting strips of grey and putting on top of white cardstock.  Then I rubbed paint all over in random "smooshings" so that it looked like wispy clouds.  I have decided that I am going to try to use as many of the "Evidence" ideas as I can!  This was my finished product:

86 - Surfers Paradise

Here is how I solved case 86 (my first ever case file!):
Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - Scallops, art mediums (paint, texture paste), stripes, speech bubble, transportation accents (aeroplane) and vellum
Testimony - Journal about a city, hand write journaling.
I wrote a small sentence on the page, but have extra journaling on a pull out tab which talks about where we stayed in Surfers Paradise.

It was so much fun to join in with this challenge and I recommend any one to join up and try! http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment