Sunday 23 June 2013

Turning 10

Last year, Madison had her 10th birthday and it has taken me this long to scrap about it!  I have a process where I go through my photo's and print out a selection from the last few months, and some from the previous year that I have not done yet.  This way, I can keep current, but also have time to reflect on what happened in the past.  Maddy had a big party last year, and she wanted me to teach the girls how to make a butterfly book. 

When the girls arrived, I took a photo of each girl, then got them to put together a book instead of party games.  I also made mini pizza boxes and taught them how to decorate with the same colours and theme of the book.  They turned out great, and all the girls loved them.  I even slipped in some chocolates and lollies for them to take home in them!  When it came to scrapping this page, I could have done the same colours and even put a little book that Maddy made, but I decided to base it on the colour of her new hoodie that she loved - Plum as this was what stood out in the main photo of her blowing out her candles.

I looked everywhere for the right heart stamp and couldn't get the right one, so I used my heart punch and cut out a heart from a die packet to use as a template.  Then I stamped through it with the script from Graphic 45 ladies diary and sponged over the top with the residual ink on the template.

No comments:

Post a Comment